An early 19th century 1829 country house (Grade II listed building) significantly enlarged from 1851 by architect George Devey, cleverly embodying 16th and 17th century local features such as Flemish gables and windows in stone, flint and brick.
The house sits in 100 acres of beautiful private parkland and ancient woods.
In addition to the house there is a 13th Century church on the grounds built by Normans and re-built in 1853-4 by Victorian architect Anthony Salvin. Many features include; cascading terraces of the Dutch Garden, thatched pottery hut, lime tree avenue, acres of woodland, wooden huts used for military barracks in the 2nd world war (D Day), outdoor swimming pool, playing fields fringed by woodland, cricket pavilion, tennis courts, sports hall, multi-use sports area (MUGA) and woodland camp. A porte-cochère, bell tower, weather-cock and gargoyles. Interior: original oak-panelling throughout including oak-panelled dining hall and library, stain glass windows and original fireplaces.
Within M25: No
Nearest station: Sandwich